Under Art. 370, the State of Jammu and Kashmir enjoys certain special privileges as compared to other States e.g.
1. J & K has its separate State Constitution unlike other states.
2. No Constitutional Amendment Act passed by the Parliament is applicable to J & K unless it is extended so by a Presidential order
3. The President’s rule (Art.356) cannot be applied in J & K.
4. No proclamation under Art.352 (National Emergency) can be applied to J & K without the concurrence of the State Government.
5. The Directive Principles of State Policy do not apply to J & K and the Fundamental Right To Property still exists in the State.