Apple co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, the Silicon Valley icon who gave us the iPod and the iPhone, had died of colon cancer. Steve Jobs invented and marketed gadgets that transformed everyday lives, from the PC to the iPod and iPhone. He had started Apple with a school friend in a Silicon Valley garage in 1976, was thrown out a decade later and returned in 1997 to save the company. During his second tenure, Apple became the most valuable tech company globally.
Jobs rolled out one sensational product after another, even during recession and his illnes. In terms of transforming the US industry and our life in general, he has no match. But there is another side to Jobs' life that most of us probably don't know or forget. Here are some rare snippets of the man's rather nasty past:
1. He fired employes at Pixar without any notice or severance pay despite the staffers' protests.
2. Jobs had halted all philanthropic activities at Apple 17 years ago and never resumed them despite Apple earning $ 38 billion i.e. Re. 2, 28, 000 Crore last year.
3. Jobs used a loophole in the UNOS system to jump the queue for a liver transplant.
4. Jobs had a daughter with his early girlfriend Chrisnan Brennen, a fact he always denied in public despite positive paternity tests which nailed his lie. He even swore on affidavit in the court that he was incapable of fathering a child due to his impotency and infertlity !
5. He often pitted various divisions of Apple among themselves for motivating them towards "excellence" and even made them work for 80 hours a week but fired them for minor failings even for minutes.