Google and Acer have unveiled the latest Chromebook low-cost laptop that run on Google's Chrome OS operating system.
The Acer C7 Chromebook has a 11.6-inch display and is powered by a 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron 847 processor with 2GB RAM. It comes with a 320GB hard disk and has an additional 100GB Google Drive cloud storage, free for two years. The notebook comes with dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and Ethernet connectivity, HDMI and VGA ports, HD camera and 3 USB 2.0 ports. The battery gives 3.5 hours of backup with normal usage.
Chromebooks are known for their fast boot-up times and rely almost entirely on web applications, compared to regular computers that run applications stored locally.
Acer C7 Chromebook Specifications
• 11.6-inch (1366x768) display
• 1-inch thin - 3 lbs / 1.4 kg
• 3.5 hours of battery
• 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron 847
• 2GB RAM
• 100 GB Google Drive Cloud Storage2 with 320 GB Hard Disk Drive
• Dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and Ethernet
• HD Camera
• 3x USB 2.0
• 1x HDMI Port, 1x VGA port
• Google Chrome OS
• 100GB Google Drive storage free for two years