Apple has unwrapped the iPhone 5, the slimmest smartphone that earns most of its profits and has helped it become the most valuable company globally. Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, unveiled the new launch at a glittering ceremony.
The latest iPhone will help Apple fight feverish competition from Samsung's Galaxy series. The iPhone 5 has a 4-inch "retina" display, can surf at high-speed 4G LTE network, and is lighter than iPhone 4S.
THE TOP TEN FEATURES
1. 4-inch retina display, resolution of 1136 x 640 pixels at 326 ppi.
2. 112g, 20 % lighter than the iPhone 4S.
3. 7.6 mm, 18 % thinner than its predecessor.
4. Runs on iOS 6. iOS 6 software will be available this month as free software update.
5. 8 megapixel camera. 4G LTE for internet connectivity.
6. Made of glass and aluminum.
7. 40 % faster image capture than the iPhone 4S.
8. Powered by A6 chip - 2X faster CPU, 2X faster graphics, 22 % smaller.
9. Panorama mode. Resultant images are 28 megapixels huge.
10. To sell for $199 for the 16GB model and $299 for the 32GB model and $399 for the 64GB model. Pre-orders begin on September 14.